Google had officially launched “Google Apps for Your Domain”. Google Apps for Your Domain lets you offer private-labeled email, instant messaging and calendar accounts to all of your users, so they can share ideas and work more effectively. It’s all free* and everything is hosted by Google. No hardware or software required.
For example, if you have a domain name called “blogdiansastro.com”, then you may host the email at google. You may create some email accounts, for example firstname.lastname@example.org (for free ofcourse).
Is it good for you ?
I dont know, but please consider this advantages when you use google mail for your domain:
- 2 GB Storage
Each email account will has 2 gigabytes of storage, with search tool to find information fast
- High technology user interface with ajax, and ofcourse very user friendly
- Text Ad
yes, you’ll only see text ad (not big flash banner like on yahoomail)
- No email footer Ad
- Hidden service
No one will know that you use this free service, except you tell someone
- Unlimited email filtering
yahoomail limit it to 15 filter
- Domain alias
Associate another domain with this account to let your users share the same mailbox with multiple email addresses (Example email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Catch all email feature.
You may set the default address of all your email.
- Free email forwarding
- Free POP 3 access
- No downtime.
Google is trusted company, and has best hardware and software in the world, so you can count on google. You dont need to worry about downtime.
- You get all feature in gmail
OK, let me guide you to register to “google email for your domain”
- Open http://www.google.com/a/cpanel/domain
- Sign in with your Google or Gmail Account
- You’ll redirected to http://www.google.com/a/cpanel/domain/new
Please enter your domain name (e.g: blogdiansastro.com), and click “Use my domain” button.
- Complete the form about your domain, then click submit button.
- Complete administrator form info, then click submit button.
- Click “Add selected services” button.
- Click “Activate Email”
- Ask your hosting provider to set the mx record to this:
MX Server address Priority
ASPMX5.GOOGLEMAIL.COM. 10I’m sure that your hosting provider will understand about this. So, you just need to tell them that you want to set the mx address to the address above.
- Click “I’ve completed theese steps”
just wait for one or two days, and then you may create email account, set domain settings and so on.